top of page
lab logo.jpg
Indoor Airborne Mycotoxin Analysis

Our laboratory is the first of it’s kind specialising solely in airborne mycotoxin analysis within our built environments.
This new test is called
AMEA (Airborne Mycotoxin Environmental Analysis)

Mycotoxins are produced by moulds with many of our homes having had mould or water damage at some point, including new construction where building materials may have suffered water damage prior to building construction being completed.

Mycotoxins can be ingested when eating foods containing them, they can be inhaled, they can even affect persons merely by touching them.  Our specialty is the airborne variety.  Whilst mycotoxins are regulated in our foods, we now have undeniable evidence that they are in the air that we breathe.

Establishing the presence, or absence, of mycotoxins within our breathable air involved research into collection methods as well as analysis methods.  After 4 years of research we have achieved this.  

Did you know?

If you are allergic to mould, and it is in your home, you will already be feeling allergy type symptoms and there would be no point in knowing a specific species of mould, assuming that you will be engaging a professional to remediate all moulds within your home no matter the species.  

Knowing a mould species will not predict if it will produce mycotoxins, neither will it predict what type of mycotoxin it will produce with most moulds being able to produce more than one type of mycotoxin.


Airborne mycotoxin testing is extremely helpful to rule in or out whether your built environment is potentially contributing to your ill-health or that of your family members. 

Mycotoxins are chemical in nature.

Foods are regulated for their mycotoxin content, shouldn't we strive for the same in our indoor environments?

What you and your family are breathing in matters!

Many mycotoxins are known, or suspected, carcinogens including

Ochratoxin A and Aflatoxin!

bottom of page